Thursday, July 12, 2018

Cure for Cat Car Sickness/Vomiting in the Car

Solution to no vomiting on the way to the vet: I finally hit on a plan to prevent Roxanne from vomiting in the car on the way to the vet. And I don't know why I didn't think of part of the solution beforehand. She vomits in the car regardless of duration of trip or if I give her Cerenia before we leave. So, it occurred to me today that perhaps if she ate very little in the morning and didn't eat at all for two hours before departure, that she wouldn't have food in her stomach to vomit. AND since giving Katharine Pepcid to stop stomach acid, I thought I would give it to Rox to see if that helped. Perhaps nerves creates acid; perhaps acid creates nausea; and nausea leads to vomiting. I gave Pepcid yesterday and this morning and 1/8 more before we left. I gave Cerenia before we left. And it worked. She only vomited up some foam. But she was calm on the way there and while there.

She saw the cardiologist today and all is well. No disease signs at all. So, she does not need to return annually. I will take her back if she needs dental or other surgery (which I hope we avoid) or if there are signs or other illnesses that require a full check-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment